What Personal Information About Customers Do We Gather?
Here are the types of information we gather.
– Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests and communicating with you. The information that we are talking about, may include name, email address, home address, and IP address.
– Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses our Web site.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser, to provide certain features, and to allow storage of items in your shopping cart between visits. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Do We Share the Information We Receive?
We share information as described below.
– Businesses and Individuals: We work closely with other businesses and individuals, and we may share information about you with those businesses and individuals.
– Third-Party Service Providers: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include providing Web site services, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
– With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Third Party Services
Some of our third parties that help us collect information, are as followed:
– Sendgrid: This is our email newsletter provider. If you have subscribed to our newsletter, and no longer wish to, there should be a unsubscribe link available at the bottom of any email newsletter that you receive.
– Google Analytcs: This is to track traffic. We have put in place to anonymize IP addresses. However, if you wish to opt out, you can block Google Analytics tracking completely using Google’s Analytics Opt-out browser add-on. https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
– Live Chat: This is our live chat module where we offer sales and support. We don’t share any information with others using this service.
– Bing: We tracking traffic with Microsoft Bing. To opt out of Bing, you can go to https://choice.microsoft.com/
How Secure Is Information About Me?
– Your information is protected during transmission by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
– Only the last four digits of your credit card numbers are revealed when confirming an order. Of course, the entire credit card number is transmitted to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
– It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 72 hours from the time we realise it.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Which Information Can I Access?
– We give you access to information about your account and your interactions with us for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
How Long is My Personal Information Stored for?
Personal data is stores as long as necessary, or as long as account is active.
What Choices Do I Have?
– As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features.
– You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section. When you update information, a copy of the prior version may be kept for our records.
– You can request a copy of your personal data or request deletion of your personal data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
– The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Contact Us 24-7
Our shop online customer service hours are 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Our online staff is not available on weekends, but will respond next business day to your phone or email message.